Sunday, May 22, 2011

Betty White Gave Up After Two Divorces, But The Third Time Was The Charm

Betty White

"I've had two bad marriages, and I don't like to think of them as good mistakes. They were traumatizing to go through. You really feel like a failure when your marriage doesn't work. But they did make me appreciate it when the perfect one came along… [Allen Ludden] was enthusiastic about everything. He was intellectually wonderful. He was silly. He was romantic. He knew how to court a lady. Eventually, he wouldn't even say hello—he'd say, 'Will you marry me?' And I'd say, 'No way!' He was hosting the game show 'Password' in New York and I was living in California, and I said, 'No way will I get married again.' I kept saying no for a year… Even long after we were married, he'd call me up during the day and ask me out on a date. He'd barbecue a chicken. We'd have a glass of wine, put on a stack of records, and dance."

Betty White writes in Newsweek that she felt like a "failure" after getting divorced twice and had vowed never to do it again. Apparently, with her first husband she moved to a small town in Ohio where she was responsible for killing the chickens. Her second marriage broke down because he wanted her to stop working. Betty is proof positive that you always get another chance at love. [The Daily Beast]

Virgo Aaron Riley Aries Diane Lane Zodiac Signs Sienna Guillory Lol Hush Now Chandra West

Source: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-betty-white-gave-up-after-two-divorces-but-the-third-time-was-the-charm/?eref=RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment