Monday, March 21, 2011

Ricky Martin Picks Up GLAAD Award, Yearns to Spread Message of Love


At Saturday night's GLAAD Media Awards, Ricky Martin walked on stage and accepted the Vito Russo Award, which honors openly gay and lesbian entertainers.

The honor arrived one year after the singer admitted to the world that he's gay.

"I've been through an intense spiritual process for the last five years, especially the last two years," he told reporters at the event. "I needed to share it with the world."

Ricky Martin on the Red Carpet

Adding that "I've only started" in his mission to spread GLADD's message of love and acceptance, he added:

"Let's share the love! Let's go to Mexico! Let's go to Columbia! Let's go to Argentina! Let's go to Chile! Let's go to Brazil! We need you GLAAD – we need you down there. I can help, I can do it! I'll be part of it. I want to be part of it."

While no dates have been announced yet, the Grammy-winner is prepared to do just this via an upcoming tour.

[Photo: Splash News]

Gemini Patsy Kensit Gemini Ana Paula Lemes Help Im on fire! Josh Hartnett Capricorn Holly Madison

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/03/ricky-martin-picks-up-glaad-award-yearns-to-spread-message-of-lo/

No comments:

Post a Comment